Develop a PowerPoint presentation of 12-15 slides, complete with speaking notes, discussing the roles and responsibilities of health care professionals.
MUST FOLLOW SCORING GUIDE
- Health Care Administration Undergraduate Library Research Guide.
- Begaz, T., Elashoff, D., Grogan, T. R., Talan, D., & Taira, B. R. (2017). Differences in test ordering between nurse practitioners and attending emergency physicians when acting as provider in triage. The American Journal of Emergency Medicine, 35(10), 1426.
- Clay-Williams, R., Ludlow, K., Testa, L., Li, Z., & Braithwaite, J. (2017). Medical leadership, a systematic narrative review: Do hospitals and healthcare organisations perform better when led by doctors? BMJ Open, 7(9), 112.
- Johal, J., & Dodd, A. (2017). Physician extenders on surgical services: A systematic review. Canadian Journal of Surgery, 60(3), 172178.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.ahrq.gov/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.cms.gov/
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). (n.d.). Retrieved from www.fema.gov/
- HealthCare.gov. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.healthcare.gov/
- HHS.gov. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.hhs.gov/
- National Institutes of Health. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.nih.gov/
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.fda.gov/
- World Health Organization. (2016). Retrieved from www.who.int/
- Niles, N. J. (2018). Basics of the U.S. health care system (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. Available from the Bookstore.
- Chapter 7, “U.S. Health Care Workforce,” pages 173184.
Niles, N. J. (2018). Basics of the U.S. health care system (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. Available from the Bookstore.
- Chapter 11, “Health Care Law,” pages 277292.
- Chapter 12, “Ethics,” pages 308321.
- Slide 1: Title of the Presentation.
- Slide 2: Brief explanation of the purpose of the presentation.
- Slides 36: What Is a Health Care Professional and Why Do We Need Them?
- Describe the need for health care management professionals.
- Describe three clinical job roles that did not exist 50 years ago.
- Slides 68: Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants.
- Describe each role.
- Discuss the differences and similarities between a nurse practitioner and a physician assistant.
- Slides 910: Attending Physicians and Management of Care.
- Describe the role of the attending physician in terms of his/her responsibility to manage the care of the patient.
- Slides 1112: Administrators and Clinicians.
- Describe the two roles.
- Explain how health care administrators interact with direct care professionals.
- Slide 1314: Conclusions.
Your presentation should consist of:
- A minimum of 1215 bulleted slides.
- Speaker notes that fully explain each slide.
- A minimum of two peer-reviewed references.
- Appropriate APA citations and peer-reviewed references on each slide, as necessary.
General Guidelines for PowerPoint
- Keep the design simple. Font: Arial or Verdana, size 24-point, minimum.
- Keep the slides concise: 57 bullet points per slide and 57 words per bullet. Use speaker notes to explicate the bullets.
- For best color contrast, use light text on dark background (for example, yellow on black, white on dark blue).
- Use the proper slide layout. For example, if a slide has a title and text, it is created using the correct Title and Text layout.