Using internet websites such as https://www.irs.gov/ or other similar resources related to partnerships and corporate taxation, complete the following assignment:
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast the tax rules and treatment applicable to
corporations and partnerships. Indicate the major way in which the tax
treatment affects the shareholders or partners.
- Explain at least two (2) reasons why a business owner might opt to
become a partnership over a corporation. Provide support for your
- Imagine that you are a partner in a LLC. Justify why you elected to
become a partnership as opposed to a corporation. Indicate tax rules
that influenced your decision.
- Imagine that you are a consultant and make the recommendation that
the most advantageous business structure is a C-corporation. Justify why
you would recommend a Corporation over a Partnership. Indicate tax
rules that influenced your decision.
- Analyze what a business owner must consider when deciding what type
of entity is best for the goals and vision of the business. Provide at
least two (2) examples of research the owner must perform to ensure the
proper election is made. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
instructions. Note: Please refer to the APA template in the course shell for more information on APA style.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the
students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date.
The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required
assignment page length.