Use the links and videos to help you answer the following questions. https://www.biography.com/people/william-shakespea… https://www.culturalweekly.com/why-does-shakespear…
1) Which of the following does NOT describe iambic pentameter?
A.10 syllables per line
B. Every word at each line break rhymes
C. Alternates between stressed and unstressed beats
D. All of the above describe iambic pentameter
2) How many plays did Shakespeare write?
3) What was Shakespeares special mechanical weapon?
B. Printing Press
C. Writing Instruments
4) Where was Shakespeare born?
5) What was the name of the playhouse where Shakespeares plays were originally performed?
A. The Wickethouse
B. The Globe
C. The World Stage
D. The Queen’s Playhouse
6) True or False: Shakespeares plays have been performed more than any other playwrights in history.
7) Which of these words was NOT coined by Shakespeare?
B. Tongue Tied
8) What does Alexandra Petri believe Shakespeare offers?
A. A modern twist on old stories
B. Plays that are too dense and hard to understand for modern readers
C. A roadmap to the human
D. Nothing relevant
9) What does Adam Leipzig say is the least interesting thing about Shakespeare?
A. His sonnets
B. Whether someone else wrote his plays
C. His personal life
D. His lesser known plays
10) Why does Adam Leipzig say that Shakespeares work endures?
A. It captures the spirit of the human condition
B. It is infinitely adaptable
C. It is both funny and tragic
D. It is hard to understand the meaning